The Business Council for Sustainable Development of Taiwan (BCSD-Taiwan) is a non-profit business organization consisting of big Taiwanese companies from more than ten sectors. It was established in May of 1997. The goal of BCSD-Taiwan is to play a leading role and become an influential business voice in Taiwan in the field of corporate sustainability.
BCSD-Taiwan has joined the regional network of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) its establishment in 1997. The major issues that BCSD-Taiwan has been addressing in recent years include:
- eco-efficiency and eco-efficiency indicators
- business strategies for sustainable development
- corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) reduction and energy & climate strategy
- social responsible investment (SRI)